The third molars also referred to as the wisdom teeth are as important as other teeth in your mouth. But these teeth are more prone to problems from the time they break through the gums. Often there is only a little room left in the mouth for these teeth as they are the last set of teeth to erupt, usually during the late teens or early adulthood.
As a result, the wisdom teeth erupt only partially or sideways or become impacted, leading to gum line swelling pain and infection. When you suffer from any of these conditions, your dentist may suggest wisdom teeth removal. When he does so, we know your first concern would be about wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney. Keep reading to get clarity about the procedure involved, the cost and aftercare.
Removal of third molars is a common oral procedure. However, it gets complicated if your teeth have grown impacted. A skilled dentist can remove the impacted wisdom teeth. Also, as it a surgical procedure, you will be given anaesthesia so that you feel no pain during the procedure.
On the other hand, wisdom teeth are not always removed. If they grow like any other teeth without causing any problem, you can have those teeth. However, dentists are keenly aware of the disadvantages of keeping your wisdom teeth in the mouth. Some of these include jaw pain, shifting of adjacent teeth, interactions with sinus functionality, etc. So the decision to get wisdom teeth removed should be taken by your dentist.
Recovery after cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney:
It takes approximately 5 to 7 days for the gum area to heal. But for you to completely heal, it usually takes three to four weeks.
Once you undergo wisdom teeth removal, there are quite a few steps to follow to recover from the procedure. These include:
- You can expect some bleeding during the first 24 hours after wisdom teeth removal. Place a moistened piece of gauze on the extraction site and bite it down by applying a little pressure to stop bleeding.
- You can also place a tea bag instead of moist gauze to prevent bleeding. The tannic acid present in the tea can stop bleeding by promoting the clotting of blood. If bleeding is heavy and doesn’t stop for an extended time, contact your dentist.
- The surgical site will be sutured after removal of the impacted wisdom tooth as it should be removed from below the gum line. In most cases, these sutures are self-dissolving. Your dentist will discuss about the suture with you after the procedure.
- Swelling around the face is expected after wisdom teeth removal. You can wrap ice cubes in a cloth and place it to the swollen facial area to relieve swelling.
- The dentist will prescribe pain relievers to ease any pain and discomfort. He might also prescribe antibiotics before the procedure to clear off any infection of the tissues surrounding your third molars. After the wisdom teeth removal, it is essential to continue taking these medications to prevent further infection.
How much does wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney?
The price for wisdom teeth removal depends on different factors, including:
- The number of teeth removed
- The type of sedation you have during the procedure
- How impacted your teeth are, etc..
However, wisdom teeth removal cost is significantly affordable, and you should go for removal when your dentist suggests it, to prevent potential dental problems.