Most of the people are not aware about how their body is designed to feel good about it and take very less care to actually maintain it. The greatest wealth is health. We have numerous health policies in both public and private organizations to help us when we are in need. Most or a large portion of the people actually consider health policy as a tax exemption structure and are unaware about its benefits until they use it in future. A survey by ICICI Lombard says in a group of 1400 people of age between 25 to 35 years, only 75 percentage have health insurance in which 46 percentage were having health insurance for tax benefit. The tax exemption was a cause given by most of the female respondents and not for the actual benefit we get.Still, India is one of the countries with lowest level in the world with only 0.16% of the total population had invested in the health insurance sector. The fact is that the awareness and the benefits of the health insurance policies are rising.
Now, how should one choose the best policy among the available one is a great concern. A policy of Rs.5 lakh would be a sufficient one in most of the parts of the country but not in a metropolitan city where the cost of living is significantly high. For instance, a 2 day hospitalization can cost around Rs.50,000 in private sectors. Still a 5 lakh plan is sufficient if there are no serious aliments diagnosed.
Some of the top insurance providers are:
- Star health senior citizens Red carpet for people between 60 to 75 years of age with 1 to 5 lakh amount.
- ICICI Lombard with an amount from 3 lakh to 10 lakh for any age group.
- Apollo Munich Optima Restore for the age group of 18 to 65 years from 3 to 15 lakh.
- Bharathi AXA can render for a low cost insurance from Rs.50,000 to Rs.5,00,00
- Religare plan has no age limit and used with 2 to 60 lakh.
Health is like money, we will not know the true idea of its value until we lose it so buy a health insurance policy at the earliest.